Thank you for your interest in the Thunder Bay and Area Food Strategy!
If you’re passionate about building a sustainable food system for the region, there are a number of ways you can get involved. No matter your age, interests, or ability, everyone has a role to play. After all, we all eat!
Ways you can get involved:
- The Food Strategy is currently leading a market study to assess local food demand in the Thunder Bay Area. Surveyors will be out at the Country Market in July-August to talk to you about your local food purchasing preferences, habits, and desires. We'd love for you to participate! More information will be available via Facebook.
- Join a Food Strategy working group! Contact Amy Bumbacco, Food Strategy Coordinator, at (807) 624-2143 or for more information.
- Visit the Community Projects page to find out about great things going on locally in which you can get involved.
- If you're in school, consider taking on a research project with us! In order to match you with a project, we'll need to consider your area of study, interests, and timelines. Make sure to get in touch!
- Get to know who grows your food and connect with local farmers at the farmers market or join a CSA.
- Grow your own produce and share your food traditions. Thunder Bay has several community gardens you can join!